N. LOTHUNGBENI HUMTSOE
For most children, fathers are their first heroes, role models, and rock-solid pillars. However, this superhero is not always given his due appreciation and deserves to be pampered more. Thankfully, there is a day set aside to honour and thank your father for everything he does for you and your family.
If he enjoys cooking or loves food, spend some quality time together preparing some delectable treats. If you’re looking for some inspiration, VoltasBeko has you covered with these simple and delicious dishes.
Omelet in a Mug
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1 tablespoon low-fat grated cheese
- 2 tablespoon diced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoon diced onion
- In a small bowl (or directly in your mug), crack and beat your eggs with a fork.
- Stir in the flour, milk, cheese, and diced vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture into your mug.
- Let the microwave do all the work for 1-1/2 min to 2 min.
- Enjoy immediately!
Banana Coconut Milkshake
- 1 large banana
- 1 spoonful of pure cocoa
- 1 spoonful of maple syrup
- 150 ml coconut milk
- Place all the ingredients in a mixer
- Mix until the liquid is uniform
- Vary thickness by adding more or less coconut milk
- Once ready, store it in the refrigerator.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cornflour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Add 1/4 sugar and water to a dish and cook uncovered for 2 minutes. Stir well once and cook again for 3-4 minutes until it becomes a smooth mixture.
- Beat the eggs, corn flour, vanilla, and sugar. Add milk while beating.
- Pour the mixture into the dish and cook covered, in your microwave. Its large turn-table will allow you to cook a larger portion as well! Cook for 10-12 minutes, and turn the pan halfway through.
- Let it cool, un-mold, and serve.