NRI Pulse
Bollywood

Salman retracts controversial tweet

Mumbai, July 26 (IANS) Bollywood superstar Salman Khan on Sunday evening apologized for tweeting earlier that the 1993 Mumbai blasts accused Yakub Memon should not hang but his brother Tiger Memon should.

While saying that he stood by what he had said, Salman said his father Salim Khan wanted him to retract his tweets “as they have the potential to create misunderstanding”.

“What I said is that Yakub Memon should not hang for him (Tiger). I have not said or implied that Yakub Memon is innocent. I have complete faith in the judicial system of our country.

“Many lives were lost in the Mumbai blasts. And I have repeatedly said the loss of (even) one innocent life is equal to the loss of all humanity.

“My dad called … said I should retract my tweets as they have the potential to create misunderstanding. I hereby retract them.

“I would like to unconditionally apologize for any misunderstanding I may have created unintentionally.

“I also strongly condemn those who are claiming my tweets are anti-religious. I have always said I respect all faiths and I always will,” the actor tweeted.

Related posts

Tahir Raj Bhasin, Shweta Tripathi on challenges, rewards of Yeh Kaali Kaali Ankhein

Veena

Jaya slams actors for comparing B’wood to ‘gutter’ seeks govt support

Veena

Priyanka, Nick celebrate first Easter in Atlanta

Veena

Leave a Comment