This Chicken Pot Roast is a super easy recipe made with simple ingredients that are good for kids. I prefer to make this with chicken drumsticks as it makes it fun for kids. You can make the recipe with whole or bone-in chicken as well. I have used less spices in this recipe keeping kids in mind. However, you can increase the amount of spices to make a spicier version.
Chicken drumsticks – 4
Onion – 1 large
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Tbsp
turmeric powder – 1 tsp
salt – 1 tsp
black pepper – 1/2 tsp
red chili powder – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 Tbsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Cilantro – 1 Tbsp
- Wash and drain the chicken pieces. Make slight slits in the chicken.
- Grate the onion or chop and put it in the grinder or food processor to make a paste.
- Take Chicken in a medium bowl, add salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, onion paste, ginger garlic paste and mix well. (close the lid and marinate for 1/2 hour minimum).
- Now heat the oil in Non stick pan or pressure pan.
- Add the chicken to the pan once the oil is hot.
- Fry it for 2 min and close the lid cook on medium heat for 10 -15 minutes. (based on the chicken tenderness)
- Once the chicken gets cooked, add coriander powder and garam masala powder and fry for few minutes (until the water goes away and becomes dry)
- Top with some cilantro and take it off from the heat. Your yummy and moderately spiced chicken pot roast is ready now.